The main goal of the project is to support youth workers and other practitioners working directly with young people in the field of social inclusion and diversity by offering them tools to take action.
1. to stimulate participants (youth workers and youth leaders) to act as diversity and intercultural learning multipliers in their organizations and regions
2. to stimulate participants for implementing projects using Human Library as an instrument in the social inclusion and diversity field
3. to multiply Youth in Action programme as a provider of educational opportunities.
The most actual concepts of Diversity will be summarized and discussed
The importance of respecting Diversity in the field of intercultural learning will be addressed
Human Library will be introduced as a non-formal method that can be as an instrument in the social inclusion and diversity field
Participants will have the opportunity to organize themselves a Human Library.
The Human Library works exactly like a normal library – readers come and borrow a 'book' for a limited period of time. After reading it they return the Book to the library and – if they want – they can borrow another Book. There is only one difference: the Books in the Human Library are human beings, and the Books and readers enter into a personal dialogue. The Books in the Human Library are people representing groups frequently confronted with prejudices and stereotypes, and who are often victims of discrimination or social exclusion.
Human Library aims to
- promote the respect for human rights and human dignity
- raise awareness about diversity in all its aspects
- enable constructive dialogue about prejudices that frequently lead to discrimination against individuals or groups of people
This Exchange will bring together 25 participants from all around Europe. The exchange will be held in English. There are 2 vacancies available and participants should have minimum 18 years old.
The Youth in Action programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities and will reimburse the participants with 70% of the travel costs. There will be a participation fee of 30 Eur. per participant.
All the interested people should fill the application form below. The application form must be sent to email@example.com
Application deadline: 31st January 2012
Application form here: