1 June 2012 – 31 March 2013
Venue: Tirana, Albania
Host and coordinating: Beyond Barriers Association Accreditation nr: 2011-SI-44
The Group EVS project entitled “I volunteer, po ti?” will be implemented from the association Beyond Barriers in Tirana, Albania for a period of 10 months, starting in 1 June 2012 and ending in 31 March 2013 (10 months), with the participation of 4 volunteers from 4 different European Unioun Countries. The aim of this project is to promote volunteerism as an added value to today’s society and the life of youngster. Also in a wider sense contributing to the development of youth participation, exchange of information and especially inclusion growth through offering possibilities of participation for youngsters with fewer opportunities. The main themes of this project are European Voluntarism, local voluntarism in Albania, as well as inclusion of youngsters with fewer opportunities and information exchange among young peole.
Intercultural learning, non formal education and learning by doing approaches will ensure an intercultural dimension to the project and the self development of the volunteers. The activities to be implemented from the 4 EVS volunteers will help in achieving the goal and the objective set for this project. The main activities that the EVS volunteers will carry out during the project are:
1. Supporting the sustainability and continuation of the first Local Volunteer Centre of Tirana, that is established during 2011 and is foreseen to become a coordinating body of local volunterism.
2. Assisting and social animating for children with learning difficulties in a special school of Tirana.
3. Providing to youngsters with fewer opportunities, possibility to learn foreign languages (ex.English, French, German, Spanish) basic computer skills and space for recreational and integration activities.
4. Promoting Local Volunteering among youngsters in Albania, through EVS experience and YiA program, as strong tools and positive testimonials.
5. Preparing and issuing the Newsletter of the association called “C’kemi”, as well as updating the website www.beyondbarriers.org blog of the EVS volunteers.
While the EVS will have time for developing their ideas about different celebration days related to youth and to disability. They will be free to propose activities and the staff of Beyond Barriers will support them and create the possibilities to realise their initiatives.
The volunteers will work in close cooperation with the staff, the local volunteers and with the special support of the supervisor and the mentor. When arriving in Albania, the 4 EVS volunteers will have to spend a period of two months with the former EVS volunteers whom will serve as guide to the newcomers and help them to adapt to a new place, a new culture and a new working space.
As well as the EVS volunteers will have 2 mentors that will spend time with them and help them getting to know more about EVS and Albania as place where they will live for 10 months. Albanian language course will be offered to the EVS volunteers upon arrival.
The main objectives of this project are:
- Promote volunteerism as an added value of the European societies - We believe this is the extract that Albanian society misses nowadays. We want to give possibility to youngsters to see volunteerism from another perspective, from the European one transmitted from the EVS volunteers.
- Raising awareness towards inclusion of people with fewer opportunities - By starting with promotion of volunteerism in a broader sense we believe that the activities to be carried out by the 4 EVS and the local volunteers will help to raise the awareness toward inclusion especially by using the information exchange among young people and those facing different fewer opportunities.
- Improving quality of information exchange through peer education - Due to the work of the EVS volunteers in the schools, we will offer information directly to the target that is aimed by YiA and thus improving the information exchange though the peer to peer learning approach.
- Promote Youth in Action programme and its priorities among Albanian youngster - The voice of the EVS volunteer and the local volunteers to be involved in the project will help in the promotion of YiA in Albania by reaching directly the main target group that are young people.
- Foster basis on promotion of non formal education approach and intercultural dialogue - EVS volunteer and the project itself shall help in enhancing the level of promotion of non formal education in the country and the importance of intercultural dialogue as a core element to the European societies
- Share best practices among local and international volunteers - The chance to work with EVS volunteers from other countries, coming from different backgrounds is a challenge and an opportunity to exchange experiences and good practices between all people involved in the project and the local community.
The Youth in Action programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food, provide a pocket money and cover the activities and will reimburse the participants with 90% of the travel costs. A full health and life insurance will be issued for the volunteer.
All the interested people should send their CV and Motivation letter to: email@example.com
Deadline: 31st March 2012